If you are planning to launch a small business or you’ve started one just recently and you haven’t utilised the power of social media because you think it’s for teens only – then you’re definitely missing out! You have probably encountered a load of information explaining how you can use social media to promote your business which makes sense because social media is a powerful money-making machine as long as it’s utilised the right way. It doesn’t really matter if you think social media is for kids, bottom line, EVERYONE is on social media and it’s free communication.
Although there are millions of social media users all throughout the world, it is quite easy to get carried away by the number. Looking for the right social media sites to get your business promoted and maximize its potential is important to the success of a business, and it is the part where you should be concentrating your efforts.
What will your business gain from engaging in social media?
Social media is all about engaging through sharing, which means, in business, it’s targeting your services, your product range, or your articles at engaging a possible client base or customer. With millions of users worldwide, social media is covering every topic range that you would be able to think of.
Along with engaging a prospective client base and customer, social media also plays a big relevance to SEO. Social media has been a unique format because it is helping you promote your content directly to your audience, which in turn, would generate traffic through people who share your content with others, and through search engine optimization.
The most prominent social media sites and their uses:
Below are six of the most prominent and significant social media sites that you need to utilise right now if you want your business to succeed.
1. YouTube – This site is about showcasing videos to a large range of audiences. It is being utilized by businesses at all times to sell products and services. While YouTube is owned by Google, videos have a tendency of featuring prominently on the search engine results. You are even given the chance to utilize the YouTube ads for making a secondary stream of income.
2. Facebook – This social media site has been predominantly built for sharing. These can be articles, products, or services. It is for sharing your content with as many people as possible.
3. Twitter – It is about sharing news on any subject. You should not let the word “news” make you feel as if it does not apply to products. Twitter is good for new stock ready to be sold, new product launches, and other press releases.
4. Linkedin – For the newbies out there who haven’t heard of LinkedIn before, it’s a social network that is designed for career and business professionals to connect with each other. Unlike Facebook wherein, you can ask to be a friend of anyone you like, LinkedIn is not about numbers, it’s about quality, not quantity. It’s about building strategic relationships and connecting with people that are relevant to your business.
5. Instagram – This social media site is good to use when it comes to showcasing visual products. If your business is selling something on the web, make sure you post on Instagram and as many bookmarking sites as you can find. Instagram has been around now for a while, and it doesn’t just end there. It keeps growing. More than 500 million people have an Instagram account, and 300 million of these users are actively using the platform daily. This is great news for social media marketers.